National agency of investment and privatization Republic of Belarus
Belarusian Investment Forum-2017
Registration, welcome coffee
Opening ceremony (Congress Hall)
- Welcome speech of First Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus Vasily S. Matyushevsky
Economy of tomorrow (Congress Hall)
• general trends of economic development as a capital circulation factor;
• investment, technological and human resources of Belarus;
• growth drivers of the Belarusian economy;
• transition from a "catch-up development" strategy to a "harmonious integration into international value chains" strategy by generating an FDI flow into the country;
• measures taken by the government of the Republic of Belarus to stimulate business and investment activity.
- Pavel Utsiupin, Deputy Minister of Economy of the Republic of Belarus
- Tomasz Telma, Director, Europe and Central Asia, International Finance Corporation
- Satu Kahkonen, Country Director for Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine (World Bank) or New Director for Belarus
- Mattia Romani, Managing Director for Economics, Policy and Governance at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Courtney Fingar, Editor-in-Chief, fDi Magazine, Financial Times Ltd.
IT sector of the Republic of Belarus (Congress Hall)
• overview of the IT sector;
• place of Belarus in the development of artificial intelligence and Big Data technologies;
• examples of successful projects in the IT sector.
- Alexander Martinkevich, Deputy Director Marketing and Business Development of the Hi-Tech Park
- Vladimir Kuchinsky, Head of the Main Information - Technologies Department of the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus
- Alexander Chekan, Venture partner at Hakus
- Yury Melnichek, IT- entrepreneur, Founder of maps.me and AIMatter projects
- Anton Myakishev, Head of Microsoft Corporation in Belarus
- Anna-Maria Treneva, Head of Sales, CEE & Russia Facebook Inc.
Denis Aleinikov, Lawyer, Senior Partner of Aleinikov & Partners Law Firm
Investment in infrastructure (Hall “National”)
• topical issues of the formation and implementation of the national infrastructure strategy;
• effectiveness of using the PPP model as a tool to attract FDI;
• opportunities and promising industries open to foreign investors;
• possibility of the PPP model to attract long-term money;
• factors restraining the flow of private capital into PPP projects.
• successful investment projects on the development of transport infrastructure
- Pavel Utsiupin, Deputy Minister of Economy of the Republic of Belarus
- Aleksey Avramenko, First Deputy Minister of transport and commutations
- Matthew Jordan-Tank, Head of the Foundation for the Preparation of Infrastructure Projects, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Nicola R. Saporiti, Senior Investment Officer in the Public Private Partnerships Advisory group at IFC
- Krzysztof Chmieliński, Senior specialist, PPP Project Support Division, Department of Public-Private Partnerships, Ministry of development, Poland
- Andrey Troitskiy, Internet of Things senior expert, SAP CIS
Vitaly Maximov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC “TRANSPROEKT-Group”
Financial sector of the Republic of Belarus
• insurance of export-import transactions;
• development of the securities market;
• preferential tax treatment and the impact of taxes on the investment climate;
• issues of investing in government securities;
• cooperation with international financial organizations;
- Maksim Yermolovich, First Deputy Finance Minister of the Republic of Belarus
- Dmitry Kalechits, Deputy Chairman of the Board at National Bank of the Republic of Belarus
- Sergei Tinnikov , Deputy Chairman of the Board of Belarusian Currency and Stock Exchange
- Alexander Pivovarsky, Head of the Representative Office of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in Belarus
- Ilya Sahar, Head of international cooperation department, epublican Unitary Enterprise Beleximgarant insurance
Stefanie Linhardt, Europe editor The Banker
Great Stone Industrial Park (Hall “National”)
• Great Stone Industrial Park as a ready site for new business;
• advantages and benefits of Great Stone Industrial Park;
• guaranteed investment protection;
• new projects for development.
- Alexander Yaroshenko, Head of Great Stone Industrial Park Administration
- Sergey Vaytekhovsky, Deputy Director General of the Industrial Park Development Company
- Zheng Xi, Executive Director of the China-Belarus industrial investment fund
- Dmitry Arkhipenko, Founder, Managing partner of AB "REVERA", Attorney at law
- Roman Osipov, Director of UNITER Investment Company
- Oleg Ilyin, CEO of the Agency for Strategic and Economic Development
Craig Smith, founder of the information resource EuropeProperty.com
Real sector of the economy of the Republic of Belarus (Congress Hall)
• intensification of efforts in the field of creating promising technologies, new products and services, attracting additional resources for research and development;
• integration of Belarus into global value chains;
• investment potential of the real sector of Belarus;
• factors affecting the competitiveness of Belarusian industry under changing conditions;
• conditions necessary for the development of advanced production technologies at industrial enterprises;
• priority directions in the development of the real sector of the Belarusian economy;
• strategy for the development of the real sector of Belarus;
• view of private investors on the economic conditions in Belarus;
• presentation of promising investment proposals.
- Sergey Gynko, Deputy Minister of Industry of the Republic of Belarus
- Philipp Brunner, CEO Stadler Minsk
- Oleg Khusaenov, Managing Partner, Chief Executive Officer of the management company equity fund Zubr Capital
- Sergei Vaganov, Acting Director of National Agency of Investment and Privatization
- Illia Shulipin, Head of the representative office of SAP CIS in Belarus
- Sergei Dorozhko, National focal point of UNIDO programs on resource efficiency and clean production
- Success-stories from international business people who have realized investment projects in Belarus
James Shotter, Central Europe Correspondent,
The Financial Times
Green economy and energy: problems and business opportunities (Hall “National”)
• role of the government in promoting green economy:
global and local contexts;
• strategy for energy system development:
system planning, strategic challenges and opportunities for private investors; openness of the planning process, creating the right expectations for investors;
• policy instruments that stimulate green growth:
compliance with best international standards and practices;
tax and non-tax (tightening emission limits, taxing polluting emissions, encourage innovation, energy-related research and development, tariffs, asymmetric system of quotas etc.);
• solving local environmental problems by applying green technologies:
-Municipal wastes – what are key challenges?
-Biofuels and agricultural waste – what is the potential and how to deploy it?
• foreign experience in developing and stimulating green investments: are there opportunities in Belarus? What are the key risks and barriers? What are best practices to address them?
• government budget constraints and fiscal stimulus (subsidies, cross subsidies, tariffs policy); ways to use PPP framework to boost green development and potential role for IFIs
• Can nuclear power be an alternative for renewables? How to design and balance the system properly?
- Vadim Zakrevsky, Deputy Minister of Energy of the Republic of Belarus
- Iya Malkina, First Deputy Minister of Natural Resources of the Republic of Belarus
- Torsten Merkel, CEO at Pure Energy Intelligence (Ireland-Belarus)
- Vincent Duijnhouwer, Associate Director, Product & Business Development, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change team
- Sergey Chizhov, First Deputy CEO VP GR & Sustainable Business Development
- Olga Volchek, ENECA (Belarus)
- Darya Zhuk, Managing Partner at COBALT (Belarus)
Anton Chernyshev, Project Manager for Belarus, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan, ECA Power Program, International Finance Corporation Advisory Services
|10.00 – 13.00||Visit to the HTP, Great Stone Industrial Park, Minsk Free Economic Zone, other business sites|
|14.00 – 16.00||
Sightseeing tour around Minsk:
• the Independence Square with the House of Government (1929-1933)
• the "Red" Krasny Roman Catholic Church (1908)
• the Victory Square with its 38 meters high grey obelisk and the eternal flame commemorating the heroes of World War II
• the National Library building
• Liberty Square and Minsk Town hall
Sightseeing tour is conducted by appointment.
Meeting point: «President hotel», Kirova st, 18.
Conditions of Participation
The participation in the Forum is FREE-OF-CHARGE.
The organizers reserve the right to form the final list of participants.
Confirmation of participation will be sent to each participant individually.
According to the Presidential Decree “On establishment of visa-free entry and exit of foreign nationals”, foreign citizens of 80 countries can enter Belarus for up to 5 days including dates of arrival and departure and exit from the territory of Belarus only through the State border checkpoint of the Republic of Belarus “Minsk National Airport”.
The given order of visa-free movement through the airport does not extend to persons coming to Belarus by plane from the Russian Federation, as well as to those who intend to fly to the airports of the Russian Federation (such flights are considered as internal ones and do not have border control).
The Decree also does not apply to foreigners paying official visits. Diplomatic, official, special and other passports equal to them are not covered by the above Decree.
To enter the Republic of Belarus in the visa-free regime via the checkpoint “Minsk National Airport”, foreign nationals should have the following documents:
a valid passport or another substituting document for traveling abroad;
financial means: at least 25 Euro (or equal amount in dollars or Belarusian rubles) for each day of stay;
medical insurance with coverage for at least 10,000 Euros that covers the territory of Belarus.
ContactsYuliya Sheipak | email@example.com | +375 17 200 38 05
Yuliya Baranskaya | firstname.lastname@example.org | +375 17 200 38 05